Re: First impressions of the specification

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

David A. Wheeler scripsit:

> I disagree. Many Scheme systems do not implement [#' and friends] or
> implement some of these with very different semantics.  For example,
> the many Schemes that implement SRFI-10 do something completely
> different with "#,".  They've also been abandoned in R7RS.

Ahem.  They have *not* been abandoned in R7RS.  They have been excluded
from the *small* language of R7RS.  If syntax-case becomes part of
R7RS-large (and I'm betting it will: it lost a preliminary ballot by
one vote, and one of the non-voters says he'll vote this time), then
its lexical syntax will return.  SRFI-10, on the other hand, is very
very unlikely to become part of R7RS (says the guy who's in control of
the agenda, unless the members vote to override me on this one).

Sorry for being stroppy, but I take this R7RS business seriously.

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan@xxxxxxxx
SAXParserFactory [is] a hideous, evil monstrosity of a class that should