Various updates in the sample implementation

I've updated the sample Scheme implementation to use the new BNF production after ".".  It passes all the tests and seems to work well.  So I think we should use the updated BNF, with the new "post_period" production, so that we can cleanly handle special comments after ".".

I haven't heard anyone speak up about the utility of the ". $" construct, so I intend to remove it from the BNF and sample implementation unless someone speaks up ASAP.

After that, I plan to post an updated SRFI-110.

 --- David A. Wheeler