Re: copy pasting sweet expressions

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 110 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 110 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Jos Koot:
> > Nice idea, but how to deal with my frequent copy/paste actions in the
> > definitionss window of DrRacket?

SUBLIST works nicely for many cases, as already noted.  In addition, you can just
copy/paste and then insert/remove indentation; that's actually easy to do.
I did it many times when writing my "sweeten" program using sweet-expressions.

Jos Koot:
> > Wish you good luck. A sweet expressions language is certainly possible in
> > Racket. If i can be useful for (parts of) the implementation,mail me privately.

That'd be awesome!  I think you can count on that, once it's had more public review.

I think it's important that this SRFI be widely implemented,
especially in widely-used Scheme implementations like Racket.

Alan Manuel Gloria:
> Yes, although I worry that it'll require a #lang declaration rather
> than our preferred #!sweet form... Is the latter possible in Racket?
> AFAIK all Racket languages require a #lang form, I'm not at all
> certain it's possible to use #!sweet. (Note: I haven't gone digging
> through Racket docs, so correct me if I'm wrong here)

I think the key is that there be some standard "start sweet-expressions" marker,
be it #!sweet, #!lang sweet, (srfi 110 engage-warp-drive), or whatever.
I want it to be possible to move code, unchanged, between implementations.
The current draft uses #!sweet, on analogy with #!fold-case...
but we're not married to that.

If some marker is much easier to use (or preferred) than another in some
Scheme implementation, then PLEASE let us know!

--- David A. Wheeler