Re: updated SRFI-108

On 02/05/2013 12:15 AM, Per Bothner wrote:
n 02/04/2013 11:54 PM, John Cowan wrote:
I like the idea of |$[$| and |$]$| as internal delimiters, but not
their spellings.  Some Schemes may not have escapes; in R6RS mode it
would be necessary to write these as $\x5B;$ and $\x5D;$ respectively,
which are deeply unintuitive.  I suggest therefore that you adopt the
entity names from <http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names> and go with
$lsqb$ and $rsqb$ respectively.  That is only one character longer than
the ||-escaped form, and is probably easier overall to type.

Yes, that is a good point.  I have considered $<$ and $>$ which have the
advantage of more readably indicating "bracketed-ness", but those
symbols should perhaps be saved for something else.  Maybe:
$<sqb$ and $>sqb$.

I'm currently leaning towards $<<$ and $>>$.  Thus
    &URI{http://&[example-host]/}
would be read as:
   ($construct$:URI "http://"; $<<$ example-host $>>$ "/")

These are standard R5RS symbols that don't need quoting;
they're short and reasonably human-readable/-writable;
and they're unlikely to conflict with anything else.

As mentioned before, both symbols would be predefined to "".
--
	--Per Bothner