Re: SRFI-108/SRFI-109 special characters

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 108 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 108 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Shiro Kawai scripsit:

> Thanks for an interesting srfi.   I prefer xml-style, for (1) starting
> with # makes it stand out more as an extended syntax, and (2) for
> something like srfi-109 we can refer to the existing XML standard when
> it's useful (e.g. entity reference).

I strongly prefer XML-style with braces.  This use of braces will not
conflict with SRFI-105, nor will it conflict with the existing uses of
brackets as alternative parens.  (In Chicken, braces are also alternative
parens, unfortunately, but that can be changed.)

> There's one thing that confused me, though.  (Maybe because of the
> arrangement of the document).

I haven't properly reviewed this paper yet, but I'm guessing it will
need some editorial reorganization as well.

More later.

--
I could dance with you till the cows            John Cowan
come home.  On second thought, I'd              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan