Re: Individual comments on SRFI 107

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 107 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 107 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner scripsit:

> >1) Attribute names and values cannot be replaced by enclosed expressions.
>
> They can, unless I'm missing your point:  The attribute name is
> given by an xml-name-form, which can be an xml-enclosed-expression.

Oops, right.

> Likewise, xml-attribute-value can contain xml-escaped.

Yes, you can write <a href="&{some-uri}">.  What you can't write is
<a &{some-attribute}> as you mention, nor <a href=&{some-uri}>,
which you don't bring up.  I think both should be allowed for uniformity.

> If we drop the semantics parts as you recommended earlier, then perhaps:
>
>   We specify a reader extension that reads data in a superset of
>   XML/HTML format, and produces conventional S-expressions.

+1

> Though one could still wrap the namespace list in quotes to support
> some use-cases that don't need that, and then applications that want
> to support true lexical namespace bindings can just strip the quotes
> in the macro.

Exactly.  Aren't macros wonderful?

> In XML terminology, an "entity" is a "piece of text" - for example a file
> or a string.  An entity reference is an identifier that resolves to an
> entity.  So I'm not sure ($xml-entity$ NAME) would be a good idea.  I don't
> mind a slightly more verbose $xml-entity-reference$.

Okay.

--
Babies are born as a result of the              John Cowan
mating between men and women, and most          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan