Re: Please update SRFI-106

On 06/08/2013 22:19, John Cowan wrote:
> 1) Why are there both flag-creating macros and constant variables with
> flag values?  It would seem to be enough to just have one.  Personally I
> favor having the macros, though I can see arguments both ways.
The macros came after the constants and I wanted to hear opinions but unfortunately I haven't heard anything until now. However I think it's nice to have both for people who are familiar with C socket programming and who aren't.

> 2) There is no meaningful support for UDP.  I think a socket API
> shouldn't ignore UDP.
I think POSIX SOCK_DGRAM is for UDP socket (correct me if I'm wrong) and the SRFI is supporting it.

_/_/
Takashi Kato
E-mail: ktakashi@xxxxxxxxx