Re: Last call

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 106 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 106 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I'll add the following sentence to socket-close;

The procedure should not shutdown the given socket. To shutdown a socket, socket-shutdown should be called explicitly.

This is my curiosity. I think most of platforms free fd when close(2) is called and means the given socket fd will be invalid. What would be the happy case that socket-close doesn't automatically shutdown the socket?

_/_/
Takashi Kato
E-mail: ktakashi@xxxxxxxxx