Re: Sockets Layer Counter Proposal

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 106 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 106 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Takashi Kato scripsit:

>  3) omit common prefix. here comes my question, in this case `af-'
>     looks like a prefix, how should we treat?

We should keep it.  The rule only applies to the prefixes for field
names within records/structs.  Those prefixes exist because in ancient
pre-ISO versions of C, field names were not scoped to the struct in
which they were defined.  There is no reason to have them in C any more
except backward compatibility, and absolutely no reason to use them in
any language other than C.

--
John Cowan              cowan@xxxxxxxx          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Any day you [see] all five woodpeckers is a good day.  --Elliotte Rusty Harold