Re: Sockets Layer Counter Proposal

Takashi Kato scripsit:

>  3) omit common prefix. here comes my question, in this case `af-'
>     looks like a prefix, how should we treat?

We should keep it.  The rule only applies to the prefixes for field
names within records/structs.  Those prefixes exist because in ancient
pre-ISO versions of C, field names were not scoped to the struct in
which they were defined.  There is no reason to have them in C any more
except backward compatibility, and absolutely no reason to use them in
any language other than C.

--
John Cowan              cowan@xxxxxxxx          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Any day you [see] all five woodpeckers is a good day.  --Elliotte Rusty Harold