[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Using multiple sockets
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 106 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 106 are here. Eventually, the entire history will be moved there, including any new messages.
- To: srfi-106@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Using multiple sockets
- From: Takashi Kato <ktakashi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:21:16 +0200
- Delivered-to: srfi-106@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ymail.com; s=s1024; t=1349893271; bh=/E1k/MrdplX7a/sy6FANBuxiU2smUBaIpXBCIM004tQ=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:Date:From:User-Agent:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=zRt7qgq8tbF+sfMUp36FtOtVLQf/o/tTQrGCr5w6gKJBeXacVoZ8XfP2zdUkqsRDAhIOd+En3Ohvgy2dD9teX3lsFEocky7pgZku574k8XFOvfV2UMeZfBif6A0+T+qWxcKM11GfvA8bYdYC8e+pm7fIPduJz2HbrSPrrRBTOlo=
- In-reply-to: <87boga7h29.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <87boga7h29.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120907 Thunderbird/15.0.1
Since this SRFI does not support low layer of socket operations such as
bind, listen or select. I would suggest to use multi-threading and if
users' implementation supports SRFI-18 or SRFI-21 at least they can
write portable programme for it. If they have resource limitation or
more severe environment, this SRFI wouldn't be sufficient.
How would you suggest that SRFI 106 be used to write an IRC server?
Perhaps an IRC server seems a little too complicated for this SRFI, if
it aims to be simple. But most servers will need some aspect of what I