[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sockets Layer Counter Proposal
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 106 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 106 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.
- To: srfi-106@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Sockets Layer Counter Proposal
- From: "Aaron W. Hsu" <arcfide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 19:25:12 -0400
- Delivered-to: srfi-106@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sacrideo.us; h= content-type:to:date:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:from:message-id; s=mesmtp; bh=IhgYmSU 6cltcmUFgczsP/h0Px3E=; b=esyYXc1IcrSopL6KwOGgr0zuMFa3Amf5m1+3Cie uMM1MML1G0fdVuF/LlbiXluNUuDTE6zWbUxVaOhshPzNHjxP+IDOzb5nEakK5LmU heSyBPMUH43674KakRFF7XNIxHVPlOtrbSBxmoykmjbOfP+PCesWOcN7Uv5QdBCI M7TU=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=content-type:to:date:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:from:message-id; s=smtpout; bh=IhgYmS U6cltcmUFgczsP/h0Px3E=; b=JPut/Ggz8U5dm8oTQiOKvqE9IInBj0SNLFrBra fCqXtrL6O/7Q854GdU+CUWbDaBZmbl+xNFn3ZbUO++sMQ99qoIl3oU53IylA2bUc 4KGD8XnhV6RzPXo1/BdeOqjCt9iXDtaC1vqppuqqh3ZMaabKnSJTLaJ/xyXvdA3U +bl78=
- Organization: Indiana University
- User-agent: Opera Mail/12.10 (Linux)
I appreciate the effort undertaken here. However, I would like the author
of this SRFI to consider the BSD Sockets interface that I have written
I believe that the two interfaces share a number of things in common.
However, I believe that the interface I have designed, which is largely
portable among implementations, is likely to scale better, while remaining
simple at its core.
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide@xxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the Lost Art of Thinking.