Add explanation about unprefixed brackets

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 105 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 105 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

I think we should add this information to the design rationale, near the end.  Comments?

This SRFI is intentionally silent on the interpretation of unprefixed
square brackets, because
different Schemes (as well as other Lisps) interpret
square brackets differently.
One
Scheme implementations with brackets and braces</a>
shows these differences;
several Scheme implementations follow the R6RS specification that
GNU Kawa interprets <samp>[...]</samp> as the redefinable constructor
<samp>($bracket-list$&nbsp;...)</samp>,
and two implementations (Rep and FemtoLisp) use them as vector constructors.
By intentionally not defining the interpretation of unprefixed
square brackets, implementations are free to continue to use whatever
interpretation their users are used to, and users can easily access
that interpretation.

--- David A. Wheeler