Re: Cleaning up SRFI 105 MUSTard (mostly)

On 09/29/2012 01:42 PM, David A. Wheeler wrote:
But if I understand your concern correctly, it sounds like you're arguing that bold+caps is too strong.  That's plausible enough.  I worry that <small> is too uncontrolled, no telling what it will do.  I can't predict what future browsers will do with <small>, even if every browser today made me happy.

If we're talking about styling, most SRFIs using the standard SRFI "template" start out all wrong: The big <h1> title is the content-less word "Title" while
the actual title is in a much smaller font. I think this is a flaw in the
SRFI requirements, but it can alleviated with some CSS styling.  For
example like I did in  http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-64/srfi-64.html .

For what it's worth, instead of:

<H1>Title</H1>
Curly-infix-expressions

something like this would make more semantic sense:

<h1 id="title">Curly-infix-expressions</h1>

but the SRFI process doesn't allow that.
--
	--Per Bothner