Should we drop curly-foo, etc.?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 105 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 105 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Now that we have marker, should we drop the specification's text about curly-foo and standard readers?

IE, should we drop this text?:
The “standard readers” are the datum reader used by the REPL, the datum readers defined by the relevant Scheme standards (such as “read” and where applicable “get-datum”), and the readers used to load user-supplied code as defined by the relevant Scheme standards (e.g., the reader used by “load” and module-loading mechanisms for user code). The standard readers are curly-infix enabled if the standard readers are curly-infix readers.

An implementation of this SRFI must have its standard readers be curly-infix enabled. We encourage implementations’ default invocation to have their standard readers be curly-infix enabled, but this is not required. If the standard readers are not curly-infix enabled in an implementation’s default invocation, then if it has a default command line invocation line using some command “foo”, the implementation must provide an alternative command “curly-foo” (the command prefixed with “curly-”) in which its standard readers are curly-infix enabled. In addition, if the implementation is invokable as a graphical user interface (GUI), it must provide a documented means to ensure that its standard readers are curly-infix enabled on startup.

--- David A. Wheeler