Re: bracketaccess or $bracket-apply$ ?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 105 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 105 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

David A. Wheeler scripsit:

> Should we map x[foo bar] to (bracketaccess foo bar), as it currently
> does, or ($bracket-apply$ foo bar) ?
>
> I'd like to hear people's opinions!

Well, you know my opinion.  Another advantage of a symbol with two $s in
it is that it's less likely to already be in use; indeed, I have rarely
seen any Scheme identifiers with $ at all, even though the requirement
to support it as an extended alphabetic character goes back to R2RS.
Of course, any Lisp variant that supports \-escaping or || can handle
$bracket-apply$ fine.

--
"Well, I'm back."  --Sam        John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>