Re: Are we done? Are other changes needed to maximize adoption?

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 105 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 105 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

Per Bothner scripsit:

> Well, if you want to support the infix expressions people are used to,
> need to at least support multiple operators:
>   3 + 4 + 5 + 6

SRFI-105 supports this as {3 + 4 + 5 + 6}, though {3 + 4 * 5 + 6} is
not natively supported (it comes through as (nfx 3 + 4 * 5 + 6), and
it's up to the "nfx" macro, if there is one, to say what that means.

> And of couple people are used to parenthesis as grouping.

For SRFI-105 to fit nicely into Scheme, () has to work the way it works
in vanilla Scheme; the same is true with sweet-expressions.

--
Where the wombat has walked,            John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>
it will inevitably walk again.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan