Re: Do we NEED a marker at all?

David A. Wheeler scripsit:

> I think we should make an even weaker statement:
> "Applications may include this marker before using any curly-infix
> expressions, typically near the top of a file."
>
> If, as we hope, everyone implements it anyway, then applications won't
> need the marker for portability... so let's not hamstring them with
> the requirement that they MUST do it.

I think this should be SHOULD.  RFC 2119 says:

3. SHOULD   This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
   carefully weighed before choosing a different course.

--
John Cowan <cowan@xxxxxxxx>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Sir, I quite agree with you, but what are we two against so many?