Re: upcoming revision, need feedback

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 23:05 -0800, Derick Eddington wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 22:27 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Well, part of this is about the value of the srfi in general.  I think
> > it would be better if it said, explicitly, this is a suggested binding
> > for r6rs libraries on Unix systems, and other systems with similar
> > directory structures.
>
> Okay, I'll change the first sentence of the Abstract section to be:
>
>         This SRFI defines a standard for naming and finding files
>         containing libraries, for Unix-like and Windows platforms, where
>         a library name is a list of symbols.
>
> I think the rest of your message is failing to understand the purpose of
> this SRFI.

Why do you suppose C has never specified any mapping between #include <>
directives and directory layouts?  Not even Posix has one.  This has not
hampered C's usability or portability.

Thomas