Different dialects under the same root

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

> Rename R6RS_LIBRARY_PATH to SCHEME_LIB_PATH, because multiple dialects
> can use this environment variable because they can avoid conflict by
> using different file name extensions.

Derick, this change is problematic. Let's say there are two systems:
Scheme Foo and Scheme Bar, and both of them have library (baz). Aside
from the fact that putting files from different libraries in the same
folder defeats the purpose of folders, we will have conflicts if:

* both implementations of (baz) ship with a README or a LICENSE file;
* both implementations of (baz) ship with main.r6rs-lib which is a stub
  to load implementation-specific code.