Re: Plan for revising

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

From: Derick Eddington <derick.eddington@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Plan for revising
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:51:32 -0700

> I'm going to revise this SRFI as follows, unless someone thinks
> something should be discussed further.
[...]

All points seem good.   Thanks for your effort.

I'd like to clearify one point.  Suppose I have /usr/share/scheme
and /home/shiro/scheme in SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH, in that order,
and I have those files:

  /usr/share/scheme/acme/foo.sls
  /home/shiro/scheme/acme/foo.sls
  /home/shiro/scheme/acme/foo.myscheme.sls

If myscheme wants to import (acme foo), should it load the
"first match" which is /usr/share/scheme/acme/foo.sls, or
should it keep looking for the "best match", which is
/home/shiro/scheme/acme/foo.myscheme.sls?

The current wording of srfi-103 seems to leave it implementation
dependent.  Is it correct?   I wonder it may introduce a subtle
incompatibilities among different implementations which can be
a source of problems difficult to track down.   The current
srfi-103 says something about transitive imports; could you
explain it a bit more?

--shiro