Re: Plan for revising

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 11:35 +0300, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Derick Eddington wrote:
>  > Rename SCHEME_LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS to SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATHS.
>
> Please, consider using singular number (i.e. SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH), not
> plural. Even though this variable may denote several directories, it is
> idiomatic on both Windows and Unix-like systems to use singular.

It's idiomatic only because people have passively automatically kept
following it because of some strange reasons.  I don't want to help
continue this irrational idiom.  But, I will drop the "S", because I
don't want to waste time arguing about it and because I can blame it on
others.

(Maybe I should join a religion; that's idiomatic too (metaphorically).
Also, I think from now on I'll drop the last "s" from every word I write
which should have it.)

--
: Derick