[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Plan for revising
This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 103 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 103 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.
- To: Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Plan for revising
- From: Derick Eddington <derick.eddington@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 03:35:44 -0700
- Cc: srfi-103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: srfi-103@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:cc :in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version :x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=/y9/MA3SDnER4fxo+Lkl3YEsqK/L9LdFDfHoi7SlZUA=; b=MmkFJGEYmYCTgIdqcXRDYSIoasSxbb/iXEoVSipx/DLJ2a/UTNkvQ/MQQZIB5gJ7k1 kzSZ3tXTI7+tX83gZ0Z3PPgKcKNd1kQnyRKoEJDg4ws86iU4ngSk+W0Ue7+2IbHyEzYz IGAhkQ1S4oCrIujmbSAtMP1BPFE4MVsmg/U6U=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date :message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; b=XwLb6jexq/x8NboPeqEuQqWz25G8XABXKgfkRqeL5iqoX2wymhIsc8aNI4bWUFtSrn NY1ibj5Kl1ajtQG1PFmjNYsnRZcn7aqg+0LaGkBx4QdA02P+VzsM+dbplRi3iwlfkIjc a6v6kcw7qokrgoYyZZdhYEuRHJ64Vd4ILK284=
- In-reply-to: <4ACC52B7.1090007@xxxxxxxxx>
- References: <1254894692.11628.35.camel@eep> <4ACC52B7.1090007@xxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 11:35 +0300, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Derick Eddington wrote:
> > Rename SCHEME_LIBRARY_SEARCH_PATHS to SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATHS.
> Please, consider using singular number (i.e. SCHEME_LIBRARY_PATH), not
> plural. Even though this variable may denote several directories, it is
> idiomatic on both Windows and Unix-like systems to use singular.
It's idiomatic only because people have passively automatically kept
following it because of some strange reasons. I don't want to help
continue this irrational idiom. But, I will drop the "S", because I
don't want to waste time arguing about it and because I can blame it on
(Maybe I should join a religion; that's idiomatic too (metaphorically).
Also, I think from now on I'll drop the last "s" from every word I write
which should have it.)