Re: [OT] English

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 18:59 -1000, Shiro Kawai wrote:
> Ah I see; "in 'foo'" means "directly under 'foo', not in
> a subdirectory of 'foo'".

That's what I meant, but "in" versus "under" is not a clear way to make
that distinction, sorry.  It could also make sense to say something
under a directory is also in it.  I think English prepositions are
pretty ambiguously used and abused.  I'm just brainwashed with it and
used to having to always "read between the lines".

> English is difficult.

Yeah.  It's the only language I know, and I hate it.

--
: Derick