Re: Proposal: count

Alexey Radul wrote:
My only worry is that the name 'count' clashes with a traditional name
for a procedure that counts the number of elements of a collection
that satisfy some predicate (and could therefore be confusing, in
addition to causing actual name collisions).  I do not, however, have
a concrete suggestion for doing better.

Yep -- it clashes with SRFI 1's `count', for example. I am really only worried about the confusion part. The library system lets me not worry too much about name clashes (hence my use of cons, car, cdr, ...).

If anyone has a better name, I'd like to hear it.

David