Proposal: equal?

An efficient and portable definition of `equal?' that does what you would expect (tests for structural equality) in the case of random-access pairs and lists can be defined in terms of the procedures provided by SRFI 101, however the implementation requirements imposed by R6RS for `equal?' are quite sophisticated. For this reason, I propose adding `equal?' to the specification and reference implementation to avoid duplication of efforts.

I propose the behavior of this procedure should be unspecified on systems with disjoint linear-access and random-access pairs when given two pairs with differing representations.

Unless there are objections, I will add this to the next revision of the SRFI.

David