Re: initial comments

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 100 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 100 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

From: ChurlSoo Joo <initerm@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: initial comments
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:13:21 +0900

> When users are going to use a library made by *someone else*, They usually
> inquire *its spec* (the sequence of required and optional fields, properties
> of each field, function of each method, etc) in advance.  I don't think that
> they use the library as they ascertain its spec *through such protocols*.

That's ok.  I don't argue about that.

Yet I still argue "immutable" means "its value never
changes, no matter what", and it will be incorrect to
use that term on something that can change.

How about "read-only", for example?  I think in general
"read-only" means the user can read it but cannot write
to it, though it doesn't exclude the possibility that the
value changes.

--shiro