Re: Argument order of = equivalence predicates

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 1 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 1 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Olin Shivers wrote:

> [...] As I spell out in careful
> detail in the topic's new text, you can *usefully* (not even pathologicaly)
> use a function like <. So I should call it a "comparison" function. How's
> that?

> But I'm tempted to leave the parameter named "=" since it's short & convenient.
> "CMP" or "COMPARE" seems more awkward.

I think Dylan uses "test", which is short and fairly explicit.  Of course,
for them its a keyword.

-- Donovan Kolbly                    (  RScheme Development Group
                                     (  d.kolbly@xxxxxxxxxxx
				     (  http://www.rscheme.org/~donovan/