Re: safety

This page is part of the web mail archives of SRFI 1 from before July 7th, 2015. The new archives for SRFI 1 contain all messages, not just those from before July 7th, 2015.

At 11:52 AM -0600 1/13/99, John David Stone wrote:
>[...]
>
>CIRCULAR-LIST
>
>        *** The SRFI-1 specification indicates that CIRCULAR-LIST always
>returns a list, but since the objects it returns do not satisfy the R5RS
>LIST? predicate I think this is misleading.  I recommend changing `list' to
>`pair' in the syntax picture.

>[...]
>
>LAST-PAIR
>
>        The argument is a pair.

I agree that a circular-list should not be considered a `list' for the
purpose of the specification of safety preconditions. But, if it is
considered a `pair' then I don't think the precondition for LAST-PAIR is
sufficient.